Pet Adoption Forms and Info
Click on a link to go to the Info below.
Pet Adoption Adoption Fee
Lost Paws Rescue of Texas does have an adoption fee when you adopt one of our dogs or cats.
Our adoption fee helps defray veterinarian expenses.
The regular vet expanses Lost Paws Rescue of Texas supports include current shots, spay or neuter and feline leukemia or heartworm test. Medical treatment is provided, if required.
It is not unusual for a pet in our care to need significant veterinary treatment; including flea prevention, de-worming – and in some cases heartworm treatment. These expenses add up quickly and our minimal adoption fee helps to defray costs and provide for the next rescue.
Our Adoption Process
Our adoption process starts with you filing our Pet Adoption Application. Click on the Pet Adoption Form link below to access the form.
Pet Adoption Application
In order to be considered for an adoption today you must:
1. Be 21 years or older and have identification showing your present address.
2. Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in your household.
3. Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide the training, medical treatment, and proper care for your pet.
4. Have the cash to pay an adoption fee. Lost Paws Rescue of Texas also accepts checks with a valid Texas Driver’s license.
5. The Adoption Fee helps to defray the cost of food, medical care and housing for our rescued dogs and cats.
6. Understand that Lost Paws Rescue of Texas has the right to deny or approve your application; and understand that your application will be retained in our files.
Thanks! If you have any questions please Contact Us.
Volunteer at Lost Paws Rescue of Texas
If you would like to volunteer at a Lost Paws Rescue of Texas adoption event and/or fundraiser or foster one our organization’s rescue dogs or cats, please complete and send our Volunteer preliminary inquiry form.
Upon receipt of the Volunteer preliminary inquiry form, we will email a full Volunteer / Pet Foster Home Application to you.
The full Volunteer / Pet Foster Home form must be completed and received before we can begin consideration of your Application.
Volunteers will also receive our Service Protocols Form to read and sign.
The Volunteer / Pet Foster Home Application tells us more about you; and includes the information we need in our database. The Service Protocols Form ensures you understand how we operate.